Playing Pro BasketballBook - 2015
For a professional player, basketball isn't just a fun game--it's a job. Millions of people are watching your every move, expecting you to make every shot and block your competitors'. You have to give your all for every game, and when you're not playing, you're sharpening skills, working on plays, and studying your opponents. Dedication extends beyond the season. You must follow strict diets and workout plans to stay in shape throughout the year. You must learn to manage the pressure of constant travel and stardom. Is it worth it?
This book, which was reviewed by 11-year National Basketball Association (NBA) veteran and three-time NBA champion Devean George, offers an authentic look at what life is like as a pro basketball player. You'll learn:
* What kinds of skills it takes to play in the NBA
* How players climb the ranks to reach the NBA
* What daily life is like for an NBA player
* The types of workouts and dietary plans NBA players use
* How NBA players prevent and treat injuries
Go behind the scenes and see what it's really like to be an NBA star!