Crash Course in Readers' AdvisoryBook - 2015
One of the key services librarians provide is helping readers find books they'll enjoy. This "crash course" will furnish you with the basic, practical information you need to excel at readers' advisory (RA) for adults and teens.
* Serves as a practical, down-to-earth, all-in-one introduction to a subject that is essential for librarians working in the field
* Summarizes the best practices of readers' advisory service and the best tools for readers' advisors
* Introduces tools for identifying read-alikes and discusses new trends and approaches in readers' advisory
* Includes lists of the best sources for further reading for those who wish to delve more deeply into a subject
* Can serve as a text or manual for in-service training or be used as supplementary reading in LIS courses