The Maker Cookbook
Recipes for Children's and 'tween Library ProgramsBook - 2014
The Maker Movement is hot, and librarians are eager to participate. Even if you feel restricted by budget, staff, or space, this step-by-step guide will help you turn your library into a creativity center.
* Makes it easy for you to host Maker programs for children and 'tweens--with "No Makerspace Required!"
* Provides clear, step-by-step directions for creating new Maker programming or adding Maker elements to an existing program
* Offers alternatives that allow you to customize programs according to the resources available
* Suggests curricular tie-ins so the programs can be used in a school setting
* Includes appendices chock full of supplemental materials such as book-discussion questions, checklists, and other reproducible participant handouts