Making the Ball Roll
A Complete Guide to Youth Football for the Aspiring CoachBook - 2014
Making the Ball Roll is the ultimate complete guide to coaching youth soccer.
This focused and easy-to-understand book details training practices and tactics, and goes on to show you how to help young players achieve peak performance through tactical preparation, communication, psychology, and age-specific considerations.
Each chapter covers, in detail, a separate aspect of coaching to give you, the football coach, a broad understanding of youth soccer development. Each topic is brought to life by the stories of real coaches working with real players.
Never before has such a comprehensive guide to coaching soccer been found in the one place. If you are a new coach, or just trying to improve your work with players - and looking to invest in your future - this is a must-read book
- Analyse how football coaching has dramatically grown and changed over the last decade, and help prepare your players for the modern game
- Understand the age-related development of players: technically, tactically and physically
- Gain an insight into new research around psychology in soccer and the growing effects of social considerations like communication, teamwork, leadership, and rapport
- Consider age-appropriate methods, sessions, and curriculum planning, used by top coaching programmes
- Learn the methods of top coaches like Mourinho, Guardiola, Sir Alex Ferguson and Wenger and apply them to your work with youth players
- Study the methods of top development academies like Barcelona, Liverpool and AtlEtico Mineiro; and national associations like Germany's DFB, Holland's KNVB, the English FA, and US Soccer